Thursday, August 9, 2007

Rollin' Along


IMG_0167
Originally uploaded by cowanfamily
This is a picture from a year ago. Right before Lucy turned 1. I cannot believe how the time has flown by. I miss my babies already, and they aren't even grown up yet!

I though I would clarify why it is that my girls have the same birthday. Lucy was in fact induced. I chose that day. The doctor could do it that day or 3 days later and I was ready! Selfish, maybe. But I don't regret it one bit. Hopefully someday they will enjoy the fact that they have a day that is special for the two of them. I hope that it may bring them closer. Wishful thinking? I guess we shall wait and see.

Today the girls had their 4 and 2 year doctor appointments. It was so easy because the doctor checked Jolie's eyes first, then Lucy's. Then Jolie's ears, then Lucy's. You get the picture. Otherwise Lucy would have thrown a fit. It was much better for her to see Jolie do it first. She was much more trusting of the doctor that way. Then when shot time came and Jolie didn't even blink (she never does) Lucy also didn't cry. I was so proud of them!

We are definitely in a groove these days. Things are pretty easy. I think it might be time to shake things up again. We'll see.

P.S. Did I mention my baby brother is home from Zimbabwe? Hooray! I will get some pictures of him up but I find myself camera-less again. I just can't be trusted with them!

6 comments:

Angella said...

Oh, Katie! You are totally not alone in wanting to "shake things up again". I think I'm ready to add to the Cowan team, but we'll see if the Mr. agrees! :)

Danielle said...

Oh I love that about them going to their doctors appts together. That is so tender...and cute. What a good big sister! Also I love your new look (of your page I mean).

Starnes fam said...

I remember saying those exact words..."Things are sure getting easy around here" and POOF...someone upstairs was listening! Your girls are sure cuties!

Rupper Family said...

Katie,
your girls are growing so fast!What little dolls!!! When is the next one coming???

Wendy

Mrs. Cropper said...

Isn't it funny how life works like that? Once we get comfortable we know it's time for a change. Do you think that's our spirit knowing that we need another challenge to progress? (Most days I'm nothing but trivial, but I've been doing a lot of pondering on this subject lately... :) )

Spiresfam said...

I wish I could meet those girls! I bet they are ALL personality.
By the way I was crusing through blogs the other day and from one blog to the next (through an unlikely path) I found someone who had a link to your blog! Crazy small world huh?
Yeah you brother is home! I'll bet he has a ton of fun stories. Did he spend most of his time in Zambia? He was in the Harare mission right? I was speaking with my mother in law yesterday and I mentioned your brother (remember my inlaws are originally from Rhodesia which is now Zim) and they said they knew a sister missionary from their old home ward in SA that served in the Harare mission and spent most of her time in Zambia. Your brother must know her! Yet again, small world!! ps Ohh and tell him that if he would like to read a good book about Zim, my inlaws just recommended one to us.
sorry so long ;)