Friday, July 2, 2010

Here It Is

There are basically 3 things I believe have finally helped me be successful in losing my baby weight. If your interested here they are.

1. Working out 5 days a week, rain or shine, waking up in the night with children, or not.

 This video has seriously kicked my butt. It is a full body workout with weights, abs, the whole deal. And the best part? It's 20 minutes! I know, right? Get it. I have seen it at Target for $8. No joke. It has 3 challenging levels and each is a great workout. I have done it way more than 30 days and have seen crazy amazing results. I have got a ton of muscle definition. Thank you Jillian.




2. I have cut my portion sizes in half. I eat whatever I want but I just eat half of what I would have usually eaten. If I am being honest, in the first several weeks I was a bit more strict than just that. I also gave up pretty much all desserts and eating after 7:00. And I was pretty hungry for quite a while. But now my body is used to fewer calories and is comfortable with the smaller portions. It has been the hardest part of my new lifestyle but probably the most educational. I have been training myself to listen to my body's cues and stop eating when I am actually full. And only eating when it is actual hunger and not boredom going on. I really feel great about this.


3. Support. Support from those I love. Landon has been so great about all of this. He never sabotages my efforts and is always great at celebrating with me when I reach a new milestone. He has never once in our marriage even hinted that I need to lose weight. He has always complimented me and made me feel beautiful. It is with that confidence that I have been able to accomplish my goals.
     My friends have also been really great. They never stop telling me how great I look and how proud they are of me. They are careful to not eat too much unhealthy foods in front of me. And they also have been doing 30-day shred! We are planning on starting a yoga class in a few weeks together.




This approach might not work for everyone. I know some people are gym goers, that is not my thing. If it is a huge effort to work out it is just not going to happen for me. And I know that weight watchers works great as well! But for me, too much weighing and counting is involved and I don't need to become any more obsessed with food than I am.


I am almost 30 pounds down now and feeling great! I am pretty proud!
 
 

10 comments:

Starnes fam said...

Fantastic! Way to go!

Chrissy said...

I get inspired every time I see you, so I think we should hang out a lot more....haha

Anonymous said...

Way to go, Katie! I think I should jump on the 30 Minute Shred wagon.

Juliana said...

Wow!!! That's great! I started the Insanity Workout and did good for 2 weeks, but 20 minutes? I'll have to buy this one.
Thanks for the tips!

Brooke said...

Well done Katie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angie Judd said...

Great job!!! That is awesome. Totally the plan I am trying to get with. The only plan I know will work for me. I've heard so many good things about that workout. I think I better go buy it.
Have you read "Intuitive Eating" before? Best. Book. Ever. My doctor recommended it to me cuz I was so overly obsessed with dieting (on and off) and it was just causing me to GAIN weight and beating up my self-esteem.
Anyhow. Great work! I know how hard it is...

Bre said...

Good job! You have always been so pretty.

Emily Anne said...

Way to go, Katie! You look wonderful.

So fun to catch up on your blog. Wish my Henry and your Lucy could go to kinder together :)

xo
em

Mel said...

Thanks for the post. I haven't been as excited about losing weight with baby #2 (little more difficult to walk with 2!) I bought this DVD today and just finished my first workout. my goal right now.. is get through 5 days of this! Thanks (I think...)!

Adam and the Girls said...

You are so inspiring Katie. Thank you for sharing these tips. I have hit a plateau of 12 lbs. and it is stories like yours that will help me get over that hurdle. thanks ~Jeffi