Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Valentines



I just had to say what a nice Valentine's Day we had yesterday. I am not sure when Valentine's Day became about children but I am sort of glad it is. The girls just have had such a fun week! Between gifts and cards from their grandparents to parties at school, we have been busy busy. Unfortunately Jolie has had the flu (or something like it) for the whole week so she hasn't been her usual peppy self, but we have still had some fun.

The highlight for me was Landon arriving home with the new Fancy Nancy book for the girls. He also got them a Fancy Nancy game. He is just so thoughtful! And us Cowan girls LOVE Fancy Nancy! There was also a fun book for me! He is the cutest Dad and hubby ever.

Jolie made a pile of drawings and cards for Landon to take to work to display on his desk. Apparently they were a hit. It was fun to show him and all of his co-workers how much we love him. Lucy spent yesterday drawing pictures and then crumpling them up and handing them telling me "Mama, here is a balentine for you!" So sweet. I just don't want her to grow anymore. This is the funnest age.

I made spaghetti and meatballs, Jolie and Landon's favorite. Then Landon and I curled up on the couch with some Almost Better Than (You know what) Cake straight out of the pan! It was so fun.

I hope all of you had a wonderful day yesterday full of loved ones and sweets!

P.S. Thanks to all of the Grandparents for the gifts and cards. They were adored!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

That is so cute of Landon. You married yourself a sweet guy alright!
Thanks for the email. I need to call you and talk for real!

Analei said...

How sweet! What is Fancy Nancy? I'll have to check it out. The girls love to read.

Sherri said...

I just got a "Fancy Nancy" book for my niece for her birthday. It was so cute! I think Fancy Nancy looks like Lucy.