Tuesday, February 26, 2008

New Curtains, Etc.

We had a very exciting weekend, for us. We finally got some curtains to cover our ginormous windows in our house. Hooray for not living in a fish bowl anymore. I know our poor neighbors have gotten an eye full a time or two. We have considered saving up for shutters but lets be honest, if we were to ever get the thousands of dollars necessary I wouldn't want to part with it. Here a photo of the new beauties. (I apologize, the lighting is bad so I used both cameras and still I couldn't get a real decent picture.)



On other news I have about 10 days of morning sickness left. (At least it better be just 10!) I am feeling like there is end in sight. I can hardly contain myself. No more feeling like I want to puke every waking moment of my life. It's a great thing.

Anyone watching American Idol? I am pleased with it this year. I feel like for first time ever the boys are actually better than the girls. Who I love: The Australian guy, the Dread Locks guy, the Mormon people for sure. Who I don't: All of those blond girls I can't tell apart. I feel like they all look as sing just the same, BORING. I am not surprised there are two Mormons in the competition, it seems to me everyone can sing in the Mormon church. Maybe it's just me.

It is hot again today, sorry Kate and all others in the snowy weather. We are off to the park in shorts and flip flops. I love living here!

13 comments:

Laurel said...

I absolutely love those curtains. So good looking! Great pick. And hey, I'm in flip flops and shorts today, too!

Joan said...

Katie! How fun :) I just ran across your comment on Em's blog. Your girls are perfectly adorable. I am so glad to see you are doing well.
Ps...where do you live?

Chrissy said...

Very cute, where are they from? Yay for sunny weather.

Sherri said...

Very nice! Glad you have an end in sight for the morning sickness.

Danielle said...

I have been a lazy blogger lately...so much to catch up on! Your pictures are great! You are really off to a fabulous start. I think it's hilarious that you know exactly how many days of sickness you have left. I hope you are right! I bet they will seem like the longest ten days of your life! Love the curtains too ( and your giant windows!). I just made some curtains yesterday. Bare windows are no fun.

Daniel and Sara said...

I am looking forward to some warm weather. Keep there through the weekend because we are coming to visit!:)

Katie said...

Joan: I admit I have been blog stalking you for a while. Your boys are pretty much edible. Its good to finally talk! We live in Redondo Beach, Ca. (L.A.)

Chris: IKEA. I love that store.

Anonymous said...

The curtains look great...
Why don't you bring the girls down to go swimming?

Angella said...

Great curtains! p.s. I like the Australian guy, too! I think I have a secret crush.

Angella said...

oh, and i'm secretly envying you for being in warm weather. as i sit here and look out our window at the freezing tundra, i think of how nice it is in other places in the world. i'm really hoping we end up closer to you guys!

Kate said...

Oh man, did you say HOT! I dream of HOT! (and flips) I wish I could teleport (i don't know how to spell that word) to your house right this instant!

and the curtains are fabulous!! Your house looks darling!

Meredith said...

Hey Katie, this is Meredith Eaton, and I love blogs for this unlikely connection factor! Glad you're obviously doing well, and congrats on morning sickness almost being over!

www.fabeatons.blogspot.com

Starnes fam said...

Super cute curtains! I really love the print!