About Jolie and Lucy's magic spoons? A while back the girls were having a hard time staying in their room at bedtime. They would come upstairs with excuses like I am cold, I need a drink, I need a new stuffed animal, or the most frequent: I am scared!
One night after the 3rd or 4th time upstairs us parents were getting a bit (OK a lot) frustrated. Landon was about to lose his temper I could tell and he ran into the kitchen and grabbed a wooden spoon. I have to admit I was a little freaked out. What was he going to do? Beat them? A few minutes later I hear giggling coming from the bedroom. Then up the stairs came a very proud Landon with a story of the magic spoons and their powers to keep little girls safe from all that frightens them in the night.
This worked for a few nights in a row! All the girls needed was their spoons and they were safe!
One night this conversation took place.
Jolie: Dad, I know these spoons are just pretend. They aren't really magic.
Landon: Well, have you had scary dreams lately?
Jolie: No.
Landon: Then I guess they work.
Jolie: Hmmm. Maybe.
The girls still use their spoons every night. And I am permanently without 2 of my wooden spoons. It doesn't always work these days. (The powers must be wearing out a little!) But just another reason why I love my creative husband.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Have I Ever Told You
Posted by
Katie
at
3:09 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Cute! And such a great idea. That man of yours.
Brilliant! We may just have to try it!
that is such a cute story! my mom use to slap the back of our legs with wooden spoons
So clever! Sounds like you might need to go buy yourself a few extra wooden spoons?
Wanted to tell you I changed my URL
http://whileleisbored.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment