Have you ever seen Lucy's Blankie? It was first made by my Grandma Inkley and was given to Jolie when she was born to wrap her during her blessing. After that it wasn't used for her because she picked a different blanket for her blankie.
When Lucy was born it was all over. No other children would be blessed snuggled up in it for Lucy claimed it as her own.
It is now lovingly referred to as her "ball of yarn" as it has been loved and loved and loved by that dear child.
She sometimes uses it as a cape in her many games of princess. (Reese is usually the prince in such games.)
She even uses it as a very fashionable scarf on those very chilly nights here in Redondo Beach.
We love her blankie. She has even given it a name: Sara. (Which also happens to be the name of her favorite stuffed puppy and her favorite doll.)
I just adore a baby and his or her blankie.
All of my kids have one.
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Blankie
Posted by
Katie
at
3:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am so glad Lucy is naming everything after me! :)
So cute!
Best post yet. She is adorable, and what's a girl to do without her blankie? I still have mine ;)
That's so sweet. My youngest has a love affair with his blankie. I have this horror that something is going to happen to it and we'll have a big emotional crisis in the house. I don't let him take it out of the house just in case. :) He has a meltdown every time someone touches it. We have to sneak around while he's out of the house and wash it so he doesn't notice. LOL.
Post a Comment