I have been a lazy blogger. I guess it's because I really have been in sort of a funk for that last month or so. I wasn't sure why until Landon reminded me that I get this way almost every year. It is because of fall. It turns out I really don't like fall. I love summer. It depresses me every year when it leaves. It doesn't help that we live in a total summer town. Things just feel happy here in the summer months. Everyone dons their flip-flops and ride around the strand on their beach cruisers. Everyone looks tanned and healthy. I just love everything about it.
It is odd because most people are posting how much they love the fall and it's bounties. I just can't agree. Aren't you going to miss the barbecues and the watermelon? The swim suits and the popsicles? The days being longer and the elastic waist skirts? Hmmm. I am already dreaming of next year.
At least I'll have Christmas to ease the pain.
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
The Fall Blues
Posted by
Katie
at
2:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
some people call it fall others call it flu season.
Katie, I am USUALLY right there with you every year. I just can't let go of summer. Water sports, no school, late nights, travel, just a lot of FUN. This year I have had a very small change of heart. I'm looking forward to fall for 2 reasons:
1-We all have fun Halloween costumes this year.
2-I bought two new fall jackets that are really cute.
Stupid reasons? YES. But it is helping with the transition. Give it a try...maybe it will help you too! haha
Oh contraire mon ami.....the winter brings waves! Of course, I agree that it is a bummer when summer passes....but, when the waves pick up in the cold months, I forget all about summer. See, thats why you need to start surfing, then you will look forward to the fall as I do.
But oh contraire to myself....because kids sort of put a dampner on surfing...so again, I want summer. Just can't win I guess.
i agree. fall is just a quick pit stop on the way to nasty winter. i like the fall colors, the pumpkin-flavored everything, and the cute scarves... for about a week. then i remember how far away summer is and BLAH the happiness is over.
Get yourself some Apple cider a cookin on your stove top. Hmmm the smells of fall. Bake some pumpkin muffins. I know bake me a pie and I will come eat it. Although, I too love Summer, I always love Fall. The back to School excitement. The creations of Halloween Costumes. And Thanksgiving is my new fav Holiday. It is just a day of eating great food, hanging with family and being Thankful. What is better then that?
Good thing you live in so cal!
Ditto Rebecca's comment. I love summer, and the rest of the year I spend just waiting for another one:)
I never made it back into my non-maternity swimsuit this year. Well, honestly, I put it on, but I almost needed to call the paramedics to help evacuate me from it and decided then that I would not be making it to the beach again this year. So yeah, I'm glad it's fall. Also, I'm wearing elastic waisted skirts year round, why not? And I have oatmeal cookie dough getting me through today's cold weather. Again, thank goodness for the elastic waists and requiste cold weather layers to hide my dough!
Post a Comment