Thursday, October 25, 2007

Don't Worry About Us

The good thing about living in such an overdeveloped beach town, asphalt doesn't burn. We are not close to any of fires. I guess the Malibu fire would be the closest. Even though that is at least 20 miles away we are still have raining ash all day. Kids are not allowed outside for recess and the sunlight has a very orange tint to it and a brown smoke ring around it. Nasty. It makes me very glad none of us have asthma.

The Irvine fire was right over the 241 highway from my parents but they were never evacuated. It ended up going to my Aunt Suzi and Uncle Jim's house in Santa Margarita. The fire department actually parked outside their house to fight the fires. The fire was literally in their back yard. But I hear their house is safe!

Both Landon's Uncle Dennis and his cousin Cove are firefighters in San Diego. They have been fighting the fires and are so far safe. His Aunt Kathy and family were evacuated but I hear their house is okay so far.

Scary stuff. I wish it would just rain and knock those fires out! I read an article in our local paper today about how proud we should be at a time like this of our country. It is one of those times when we should be very thankful for our government programs and proud of those brave firefighters risking their lives for the people. Without them the damage could have been unthinkable. I am just glad so few have died in this mess.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures of our girls that Chrissy took this weekend. We took them to enter the girls in the Gap casting call contest. I just couldn't resist putting my gorgeous babes in it, they are the cutest in the bunch! But I am not biased or anything.


8 comments:

Kate said...

I'm glad your safe and sound, and I hope that those fires leave very soon! and your girls should totally be Gap girls! They are SOOO cute!

Chrissy said...

Finalists or else......hahaha

Angella said...

I'm glad to hear you are not in the middle of all of that. p.s. Those girls are simply adorable.

Danielle said...

glad you are safe. your girls really are adorable. wouldn't it be cute if they both won?

Mrs. Cropper said...

I'm so glad to hear you are all well. Hearing about the fires in Irvine had me worried about 10 Bloomdale and 28 Bloomdale. (Why do I remember your addresses?!) Isn't that ash terrible? In '02 there was a huge fire in Oregon, and it was so nasty.
And, most importantly, your girls are breathtaking. We entered Blaine, too!

Starnes fam said...

I'm so glad you posted about the fire. Nate and I were thinking about you guys and hoping that everything was ok. Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!!

Dan said...

You've been tagged! Go to our post and see what you have to do!

Anonymous said...

Be ready for a call from The Gap! They are too cute!