We had an action packed last week or so. Last night as Jolie went to bed she wisely said to us, "Today was the last day of Halloween." For her it did seem to last for several days.
It all started on Friday night for our ward Trunk or Treat. Very fun. Then on Sunday we had a major party at my Grandparent's house with all of the cousins. Then yesterday of course we had Jolie's school party and trick or treating on The Strand in Hermosa Beach. We have more candy then I know what to do with, and lets be honest, who do you think is going to eat that candy? I'll give you a hint: this is her blog. Maybe I'll share with Landon, we'll see.
Okay so Landon started a new job this week! Hooray for him! He is thrilled at his job change. He is switching over from PR to more of a marketing advertising firm. He wants to be able to do it all. So now he works 10 minutes from home. (Adding almost 3 hours at home to each day!) We are loving it. His new firm is great. They are very into employee morale and doing fun things together as a group. For example, in the summer they have a softball team. This month they are having a mustache growing contest so pretty much Landon can't shave this month. Yikes! And yesterday they made everyone dress up in Halloween costumes. Silly!
I am a believer that Halloween is for kids. Dressing up as adults is just ridiculous. I am sorry but I just think once you are a grown up (out of college and in the real world) it is time to give it up. I mean how strange is it going to an adult party and everyone wearing weird clothes and after the initial, "haha, that is a great costume" it just becomes uncomfortable talking to the gang banger and his sexy nurse girlfriend. And speaking of, I went to the mall a few weeks ago and they had a store devoted completely to sexy womens costumes. Sexy gypsy, sexy clown, sexy animals. So bizarre. I am sorry Halloween for adults has just become an excuse to wear slutty outfits and feel socially accepted.
So that's my soap box on Halloween. I love it for my kids. They have a ball. Lucy wore her kitty costume all day yesterday, complete with tail and ears, even during her nap. She was the cutest black cat ever. And Jolie was a very adorable "beautiful and nice" witch. I will hopefully get a little video of them up soon.
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Halloween Thoughts
Posted by
Katie
at
10:32 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congratulations on 3 extra hours of family time! I am sure you are both thrilled.
I have to agree totally with you about adults dressing up for Halloween. I'm not a fan at all! We saw one of those stores the other day, and I had the same exact thought- it's just a reason to dress skanky. It's a shame because the kids sure look adorable! It's not fair for them to have to see things like that when they are just being sweet, getting their candy and enjoying being something different for a whole day.
Thats great about the new job! How nice to have the extra time to spend together!
Yeah, the sexy cosutumes are just trash and I hate all the mega scary and gory stuff, too. But, I have to tell you. Yesterday I said to Taylor, "I love Halloween! I'm going to dress up every year of my life!" But I promise not to ever be a sexy gypsy. ;)
Last year I bought way too much candy and ended up eating all the leftovers. So this year I got smart and only opened a couple bags at a time...well smart for the evening. November 1st I opened and ate almost an entire bag of kit kats. I'm returning the rest of it today! On a totally separate note, I hear Irvine got a GREAT new Stake President! He'll be awesome.
Post a Comment