When I look back on the last 8+ months I am reminded at how long/miserable it has been. And it seems the discomfort is only getting worse, well not worse than morning sickness. Who knew that sleeping could hurt so bad. I wake up each morning with my legs from my hips down in total agony. I have 3 pillows under my head, one between my thighs and one supporting my belly. Breathe Right Nasal Strips have been my best friends these last weeks. Getting up and down from the ground to play with my children is a creaky painful mess. Buying groceries and getting them up to my second floor kitchen is such a workout I can barely breath after. My body is so heavy, so awkward, so lumpy, I can hardly look at it. In fact, when I chance to see a glimpse of myself in a window or mirror I am shocked at what I see. I often don't even recognize myself. That can't be me! -I say. Not even my face is familiar. How's that for some serious complaining? Hey it's my blog and I'll cry if I want to.
Despite this I am not ready for the little guy to come. We still have to put his nursery together. We still have a bit of shopping to do. Lucky for me I am already feeling the nesting instinct setting in and I can't wait to get my hands on the organizing of his room. We are just waiting for someone to take our desk off our hands. It takes up most of the room.
Just about 5 weeks left. Hallelujah!
P.S. Thank heaven for watermelon. My ability to consume insane amounts of the stuff is almost certainly keeping the swelling to a minimum.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
He Better Be One Fabulous Kid
Posted by
Katie
at
8:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry you are feeling so miserable. Yep, you do only have about 5 weeks left of this madness, and then think about how cute and fluffy and squishy your little man will be. I just know he's going to be fabulous! I wish I were there to help you out!
I am at your service! If you need me cal me! (p.s. haha, i did not try to make that from "mountain high enough") but really, i can have danny drive me up when ever, i am sure he would like to see the jolie and lucy!
Your in the LAST LEG of the race! Hang in there! Once you see that sweet little baby you will realize again that it was ALL worth it! I'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment