I am in heaven. I have never enjoyed my newborns like I am right now. Maybe it is that Reese is my calmest baby. Maybe it is that I am the calmest mother I have ever been. Maybe it is that I am an old hat at this mothering business. But I am truly enjoying every minute of this baby. His big huge hands, his slightly mustier smell than his sisters, his small smiles, his raising of only his left eyebrow, his baby coos, his attempts at standing (already! my girls were slow at this), his adoration for his daddy (Landon gets all the best smiles from him), his long fingers and toes, his sometimes squinty sometimes wide eyes, his little yelps, his determination to watch whoever is holding him, most of all cuddling him at the wee hours (even if I am exhausted beyond belief!)
Being a mom is THE BEST job. I am so lucky.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Heaven
Posted by
Katie
at
10:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
you should make sure and print that so he can read it later.
Katie he is so cute I wish I could reach through cyberspace and give him a snuggle.
That is really sweet, Katie. Girls are fabulous, but there is something just so incredibly sweet about the bond between a boy and his mommy. I feel the same way with Carter- so calm and grateful for any opportunity I can get to snuggle him. You just can't beat that feeling. There's just nothing like it.
I know exactly how you feel. I don't know if it's because this time it's a boy, or because the more kids you have the less worried you are about them. The less worried you are, the more you enjoy them. Maybe it's both. He's adorable!
I was feeding my boy at five the other morning. And later on Lilly scolded me for not waking her up, of course I wanted her to get her sleep. Even in the wee hours she wants to be there with him! Heck I would have slept if I knew that. You ladys share a bond with your babys that we men are envious of! Heaven can be a place on earth after all.
But of course it's a boy that brings out the true parent in you....:)
See? Now that post makes me really excited to have this baby. There is so much about a newborn that I've forgotten. Thanks for reminding me of all the things that I love--especially the way they smell, and their little sounds, their little tiny hands, and their sweet little lips...Is it March yet?
Man he is a cutie! It looks like things are going good and that is what I like to see. I am so happy you have a boy. Love the name Reese too. Miss you much!
Awww...how sweet, Katie. I felt the same way with my third. I was much more relaxed, so I enjoyed him leaps and bounds more at that age than the other two.
Post a Comment