Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Day

Can you even believe school has started already? I am happy and sad I think. Happy because Jolie is darn excited to have something to do and friends to see. Sad because I love summer. It is hands down my favorite time of year.

I took a page from the lovely NieNie and had a special back to school feast for my big girl. I made a special dinner, Izze sodas, and complete with the lovely crown.



For dessert she wanted chocolate chip cookies and milk. It really was too hot to bake, but anything for my baby girl.

Here she is about to leave for school this morning. Not one nervous bone in her body. She could hardly wait to get out the door to Mrs. Huff's class.

Daddy is back in the groove of taking her to school every morning. So great!

I am just so proud of this girl!

In a few weeks we will do this all over again for my Lucy. She is stepping it up with 3 days a week of pre-school. Woohoo!

3 comments:

Angella said...

Yeah, Jolie! What a fun little celebration! You are such a fun mommy, Katie!

Brooke said...

What a fun day! And what a big girl!

Danielle said...

I love that idea...I think when the time comes I am going to borrow it too. Your children are gorgeous...not that you need me to tell you that...but they are! I love those photos of your girls in the white ruffly dresses. I wanted to get Avery some of those sandals so bad this summer but her little baby feet are just too chubby. Anyway, I can't believe you have a first grader!