Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catch Phrase


boo
Originally uploaded by cowanfamily
Jolie just might be the silliest girl in the world. She pays such close attention to those around her. She has been the catch phrase queen lately. As we were lounging around our little pool today, Jolie plopped herself down on a beach chair and said, "Ah this is the life!" Where does she get these things? Why TV of course!

She has also been known to say, "You are exactly right."

And yesterday she told me that going to the beach was, "a wonderful dream come true."

Thanks to Dora the Explorer she counts in Spanish as often as English. And she uses the Spanish words for the different colors instead of the English words a lot of the time.

Perhaps the best of all is her prayers. She takes phrases she hears at church and puts them in her prayers. She doesn't even know what they mean, and they usually are not meant for prayers. She says stuff like, "Jesus prepared the way..." And "I will be baptized."

I love her so much! It is so fun to be her mom. I just wish I was better at keeping a straight face! I need to work on that. I don't want her becoming self conscience any time soon and stop this adorable habit.

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Funny. I love that. I hope you write all these cute things down somewhere...that way you can remember them all when she is older and it will be so fun. I always wanted to know stuff like that about myself as a child. As always, your girls are dolls. So are you.

The Jensen Family said...

I am glad you found our blog! I think I found yours through Chrissy! Your family is adorable! I am glad your life is so full of joy!

Annie said...

Ruby has the same swim suit. Your girls sound SO much like mine.

Chrissy said...

That is hilarious

Mrs. Cropper said...

I love it! I thought of your girls today, because their birthday is coming up!

Charlotte Erickson said...

This is the custest post so far. I LOVE what she says in her prayers. LOL Charlotte now mumbles the prayer with me and is starting to talk a lot. I really have a hard time keeping a strait face too. They are so silly. :)