Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Goings On

I hate labor day! It means to me, the end of the summer. And I love summer so much! This week was full of fun and barbecues. We had one with some friends here at our house. Then yesterday there was a big party at my Uncle Doug's house and also at my Grandma's. Busy busy. But I think that pretty much concludes our summer of fun.

I got Jolie registered for pre-school last night, or this morning I guess it was. Registration opened today so I had to stay up so I could get her into her class at 12:01 am. And those of you who don't know me Landon and I are early to bed kind of people so it was a late night for me. But my very sweet husband stayed up with me and kept me company while we watched Commando on TV and played Yatzee. Very silly. I felt 19 again.

We did the funniest thing last week. The girls share a room. They have bunk beds. Every night we bathe them, read to them, all that stuff and then we just put them in their beds and expect them to go to sleep. They do, eventually. We hear them giggling and playing for at least a half hour, sometimes more, before they eventually get back in their beds and fall asleep. Sp last week we set our video camera up on Jolie's dresser on a little tri-pod and taped them for almost an hour. It was the funniest, cutest thing I have ever watched! First they go into the closet and Jolie reads books to Lucy. Then They both climb into Lucy's bed where they talk and Jolie sings lullaby's to her sister. Finally Lucy yells at Jolie to "go up a bed." And that is pretty much it. You have to see it. It is so silly and cute. I had tears running down my cheeks as I watched it. So I will have Landon put a shorter version of it up here soon so you can see it.

Have I mentioned I am the new nursery leader in our ward now? It is a great calling! Very fun. I have a class full of little boys, and Lucy. She loves having her mom in there since she used to make her dad stay anyway. It amazes me how much little people respond to me. Before I had my own children, little kids were pretty much scared of me. I love it. I guess I must just have that maternal aura around me.

That is all for now. Happy September!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Angella said...

i seriously cannot wait to see the video! ever since i was there to visit, i've always wondered what they did when they went down to their bedroom. please put it up ASAP so we can see!

Mrs. Cropper said...

I love it! That is so cute I can hardly stand it! And I agree that the end of summer is always sad. Although, I have to say, I am excited for caramel apples, crunchy leaves, and Halloween. :)

Starnes fam said...

I want to see this video! What a great idea..I always wondered what my boys did after we put them to bed. We can always hear laughing and screaming for a good hour or so!

Anonymous said...

Katie,
congrats on starting preschool-a few hours free from four year olds is liberating!!! Also, good luck with the nursery! Brett was hoping for that calling, he's now the ward mission leader. I'm avoiding the R.S. presidency as our ward just got split and new assignments are coming out. . .eekk!!! I did show the new bishop my turtle shell, maybe he'll give me a break since I'll have a new baby soon. I hope, my plate is full now!!!

Charlotte Erickson said...

Charlotte says, "My Mommy really want to see that video....it sounds awesome!"

Anonymous said...

Oh, Katie...what cute girls you have. I love how they're so close in age that they can play together--hopefully we'll work the spacing out a little better with our future kids so they can enjoy this kind of cute silliness :)

Anonymous said...

Katie, I totally just laughed out loud. Your girls sound so funny. I especially like that Lucy told Jolie to "go up a bed" once she was tired! A video camera in that setting was such a good idea. I hope you post some video soon.