Thursday, January 24, 2008

A Trip to the Desert

My parents invited us (the girls and I) to their timeshare in Palm Desert for a few days. It was great to get a little sun and enjoy my family. Although if truth be told it was hot only in the direct sunlight, in the shade it was quite cold. That didn't stop the kids from swimming all day! We also had some fun girl time shopping at the outlets out there. Here are some pictures of the trip. For some even cuter pictures check out Chrissy's blog.









Also, for those who have asked, I am still pretty sick. Thanks to the generic version of Zofran I am no longer throwing up, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to! Thankfully I am finally learning to live with it. Just 6 more weeks and I will be much better. Yikes. I don't know what it is about this pregnancy but it just seems like all of my symptoms are worse than they have ever been. Just think of every nasty first trimester symptom and I have it to the tenth power. All I know is that this better be one cute baby! My official due date in August 22. Will we ever get to summer?

6 comments:

Danielle said...

ugh I am so sorry. I know how you feel. I had to be on zofran too. It sort of helps but sort of doesn't. You know what you should ask your doctor about something called pyridox. My doctor put me on it after the first trimester (and I still have to take it) and the puking wasn't so bad anymore (I still puke if I don't take it). It is basically a B12 vitamin and an antihistamine...I think. Anyway, it doesn't have some of the ah-hem uncomfortable side effects of Zofran and it really helps. Although you might be too sick for it to work yet. I don't know because everyone is different, but it might be worth a shot. What she did with me was have me start the Pyridox and taper off the Zofran as I was starting to feel a little bit better (better as in not throwing up with the Zofran anymore...you know what I mean. It does make you really sleepy though so you take it at night. I kind of wonder if I had started taking it sooner if it would have made the first trimester a little bit better. Worth a shot. Ok hope this wasn't too confusing. I would say feel better, but I know nothing helps! Email me and I'll give you my phone number if you want to talk about it...or just talk. My email is daniellebwilson@gmail.com...I don't even know if I have yours. How is that possible!

Mrs. Cropper said...

Oh man. Hang in there, dear. That's all I can think of to say. I don't have any good advice. Except when I was feeling icky this time I just laid around watching Law&Order reruns and didn't feel a bit bad about it. Love to you!

Sherri said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I don't know how you are feeling so crappy, taking care of two little girls, and still smiling in those pictures.

Sherri said...

Oh, I hope you feel better soon! I don't know how you are feeling so crappy, taking care of two little girls, and still smiling in those pictures.

Chrissy said...

You got some good pics. Next time you are down, we can make a cd.

Charlotte Erickson said...

LOVE the generic Zofran!!!! I am so excited you guys are making another cute munchkin though! Hooray. I am so proud/happy for you!...I love Lucy's dinner show picture! :)