Thursday, June 26, 2008

They Are Gone!


Here I am at 32 weeks in all my glory. (for Angella)

What you ask? Well, let me tell you.

At my 18 week ultrasound a very unsympathetic doctor informed me that they found something called choroid plexus cysts on my babies brain. She then told me that it is sometimes a sign of birth defects such as Trisomy 18. What she didn't tell me is that they almost ALWAYS go away and that most doctors no longer believe there is any connection at all. At that time I was obviously distraught. I had learned new facts about it that were supposed to make me feel better but as a mother I was incredibly worried. Landon of course wasn't. He was just sure everything was fine. (Another example in that he is always right.)

We were sent to a high risk doctor to have another, more advanced ultrasound at 26 weeks. They were still there. Only this doctor assured me that my baby was fine and he was SURE they would go away by due date. Just to be safe he scheduled yet another ultrasound with him at 32 weeks.

So on Tuesday we went in again, this time Landon was so sure there was nothing to worry about he didn't even feel he needed to go. My mom went with me instead. And there we learned that they are officially gone!

Woohoo. I can't tell you how happy I have been since then! I have just had sort of a dark cloud over me since 18 weeks and now it is gone. No matter how often people assured me things would be fine, I was still unsure and still very worried. Now I just can't wait for this boy to come! I feel like I can finally let loose and be excited. Happy day.

In other baby news we learned that the boy is VERY big. (No shock there.) He is already over 2 weeks ahead of schedule and he weighs about 4 and a half pounds. (Lets be honest it feels like 20.) So this doctor is going to recommend an early delivery to my regular doctor. Another reason to cheer. I love medical confirmation of something I was sure of already. Lets just hope my regular doctor agrees. We may have a baby in 6 or 7 weeks!

And although we didn't get a good picture of the boy due to the fact that his face was pushed up against my uterus the whole time, I did see a VERY clear shot of his mouth and let me tell you it is Landon's mouth. It is a very distinct and obvious feature and I couldn't be more tickled about it. A little Landon junior. Another cause to celebrate! He is going to be darn cute.

Now we really need to get to work on the baby's room. I am going all blue blue blue!!! Can you tell I am excited?

9 comments:

Sherri said...

Glad to hear that everything is good and that you can enjoy the rest of pregnancy!

Danielle said...

Well first of all you look fabulous...all tan and cute. I am glad you posted a picture of your belly. Second, and more important, I am super glad that everything is OK. I didn't even know there was a potential problem (I guess I wouldn't). Pregnancy is scary enough as it is. I am so excited for your boy to come. I say go all out on the boy stuff. I tend to go all out on the girl stuff cause who knows if I'll ever have another girl right?

Angella said...

You look great, Katie! I know how it feels to have a HUGE belly, and I know it's not very fun to carry all of that weight all out in front (which looks like what you are doing, too- yeah for boys!). I'm also so glad that those cysts are cleared up. We are so relieved, too! Now try to just enjoy the next few weeks here as that boy gets bigger and Bigger! We can't wait to meet him!!! Yeah for BIG Cowan babies!

Ellie m. said...

Hey Kate, your two little girls are soooooooo cute! Good to see you're doing well. :)

Kristen said...

What a relief that everything is alright! I can't wait to see your cute little boy!

Rebecca Lowe said...

Hey Katie, it's Rebecca Stapley -- now Lowe. Wow what a tummy! I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations :) Hope all is well with the family.

Anonymous said...

Blue! Blue! Blue! I love it.

So glad everything's okay. And bonus that you're ahead of schedule!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Katie! First on having a boy and second that there are no more worries. I only wish I looked that great at 32 weeks, or at all while I was pregnant. Good luck with the delivery. Take care!

Angie Judd said...

I'm so glad you have a blog too!!
I didn't even know you were preggo! Shows how up to date I am....
I'm so glad everything is okay. How exciting to have a boy! :D