Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I Love Them



These are my boys. They are total STUDS. They might as well be my little brothers, we are that tight. Actually they are my cousins, on my mom's side. And they are all amazing, kind, strong, righteous young men. The best kind of men made for serving the Lord. It just so happens that they all just recently turned 19 so you know what that means!

Ryan is the boy in the middle. He is the love of Lucy's life. I don't know why but she has been obsessed with him since she was tiny. He was the first boy to leave. He is in the MTC getting ready to go to Houston, Texas Spanish speaking mission. We miss him like crazy already.

On the right is Michael. I just attended his farewell on Sunday where he gave a VERY touching talk on his upcoming mission to Tokyo, Japan. He clearly has a very strong testimony and I am so proud of him.

Perhaps my favorite (by just a tiny bit) is my boy Robb on the left. I would wager that his testimony and desire to serve the Lord is the strongest of the three. Despite his sarcastic nature he has one of the most tender hearts I know. Due to somewhat severe health issues he doesn't get to go on a mission like his buddies. I know this is totally killing the boy and it is painful to imagine how his future might be affected by this. But I am so proud of him! He has conquered so much in his life and I am just feeling quite (selfishly) glad that I won't have to do without him for 2 years. I know his future is bright no matter what! How could it not be? He is too great of a guy for that not to happen.

I am just feeling a little sentimental and wanted to write down my love for these boys. They are so amazing and I know that our Grandpa would be so over-the-moon proud of them for their desire and willingness to serve the Lord.

Don't you just love missionaries?

1 comments:

Chrissy said...

I second this post!