Friday, July 24, 2009

I Was There



I am not someone who is comfortable in her own skin. I never have been and I doubt I ever will be. I hate having my picture taken. We have almost no pictures of me. It's not that I really hate the way I look it's just that I am thoroughly uncomfortable looking at myself. I have a different image in my head of what I look like and I am always confused/mildly surprised when I see myself in a picture or even in a store window.

I am trying to take more pictures of myself and Landon. I want my kids to know we were PRESENT in their lives and not just on the sidelines, watching and taking the pictures. I want them to remember me as a young mom and have that image of what life was like when we were altogether.

I also need to take more pictures of Landon and I together. I realized that we really have no recent ones. How can I document our life together with out them?

Do you remember to include yourself in your daily adventures? Is it easy for you?

(I don't like looking at the picture above, it pains me! I don't know why.)

11 comments:

Unknown said...

How can that possibly pain you? You are so beautiful!

Unknown said...

Ok, Katie, I am not a stalker. I'm not sure why my name is 'James'. This is Aunt Carrie. I will work on that...

Chrissy said...

So, we have the exact same feelings (why we are sisters), but I came to this conclusion a long time ago. Yes I hate photos of me, generally, but I figure they will only get worse as I get older and fatter!

Angella said...

Seriously, how in the world can you have troubles seeing yourself? I've always thought you were gorgeous, but when we were all in Colorado, I noticed even more how I would kill to look like you! I'm right there with you, though, with hating seeing pictures of myself. Why must women be so mean to themselves? It's just not right.

T said...

oh I love that picture! I think you look adorable!

Rebecca Lowe said...

Look at that skin! flawless. completely beautiful. i know what you mean about never taking pictures of yourself... i've been in that stage during my whole pregnancy!

Kristen said...

You are beautiful! I have NEVER seen a bad picture of you! I have always thought that you are so cute and have hoped that some will rub off this way.

My thoughts about pictures are that take as many as you like if you don't take the bad ones you'll never have the good ones.

Yvettes Campbell said...

Girl, you took the words right out of my mouth.

[AnnieR] said...

This was such an interesting post. Made me think. Thank you for that.
I just wanted to tell you, even though I know you weren't fishing for it, that I think, and always have, that you are a beautiful girl. I haven't seen you face to face in awhile but what I can tell, you are still just as lovely as you were "back in the day" You are so pretty on the surface but on top of that, you have an inner beauty that truly shows through. I wish you could see yourself how the rest of us do--then you wouldn't have any issues.

Gentry Fam said...

Oh, I dont' know a woman personally that doesn't look at a picture of themselves and doesn't let out an " ughhh!" I too have been trying to get more pics of myself in with the kids. I have noticed since I take the pictures they are mostly of Evan and the kids. It has been on my list of things to do to take a self portrait of myself in studio for about a year now. Still haven't done that! I have found that photoshop is a wonderful thing. Is it bad that I photoshop on even snap shots of myself. LOL it's true!
Katie you are beautiful! You always have been. Your eyes are gorgeous, yout skin is flawless your hair is gorgeous, But mostly I love your smile. I love that you are always ready to give a cheerful smile to those around you. You really do light up a room! And I have known you all your life you know! Love ya Kate!

The Bell Family said...

I LOVE your new pictures! (yes, even the ones of YOU!!)

let's go to the beach this week.